Friday, September 29, 2006

Who do I sue?

5 hours later and I'm still burning mad.

I was in my Photo class today (you guessed -- 5 hours ago!) and I'd just finished developing a roll of film. I saw my supervisor Paul and I went up to him to go say hi. Before I'd even gotten a chance to open my mouth, he told me that my application still hadn't been processed and he didn't know what was going on with it, and that I should go find out what's wrong.

DEJA VU! The exact same thing happened last Friday, and I went in Monday morning and got some vague answer from the people in the office about my application not being lost, but probably being processed, so move along, whiny white boy.

I'm being taken advantage of at this point, and I'm ready to quit, which is kinda funny considering how I still haven't been offically hired.

You see, the guy that runs the lab, Paul, has us, the lab techs, work the first two weeks under what he calls training because it'll take the school those two weeks to process our applications. I think it's the fingerprinting thing that makes it take so long. Anyway, for those two weeks he'll pay us out of his own pocket.

Well, now we're on the verge of week 5 and as luck would have it only my application has been held up, and no one seems to know why. Everybody's giving me the run-around and I haven't been paid one fucking dime yet.

Someone's going to get punched in the throat. Seriously.

Ok, ok, think rationally. Here's what I'll do: contrary to what my gut is telling me ("Punch a motherfucker, John!"), I'll work my Monday morning shift and after that's done, I'll go to the Financial Aid office to find out what's the fucking problem, and this time I want some REAL answers.

And if I don't have something concrete, I'll tell my supervisor that, while I'm not quitting, I'm not working any more shifts till this is all worked out, so he'd better find someone to take over my shifts.

Ugh. This isn't satisfying in the least. I really want to punch somebody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home