Saturday, May 06, 2006

The "C. Montgomery Burns" Look, coming soon to a hand near you!

I just spent the last six hours finishing up a week-overdue painting for my art class, slumped over the canvas, meticulously painting in each block of my quasi-geometric abstract design. I could have been done so much sooner if The Art Nazi hadn't insisted that each block/swirl/trapezoid, etc., be a DIFFERENT COLOR. Do you know how time consuming that is? Yeah, you guessed it. SIX HOURS. And that doesn't include the hours I've spent on it earlier this week.

My poor hands. Considering the hours I've spent painting, typing rough drafts for art history papers, and the furious pace at which I had to take notes during class lectures this week, I'm giving myself two years before I develop carpel tunnel syndrome. Or arthritis.

Typing this post didn't help my pre-arthritic hands. OUCH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home