Monday, April 10, 2006

Hanging by a nerve.

Last night I dreamed that my two front teeth came loose. I can still vividly recall the sensation of rubbing my tongue against them, feeling them jiggle, and the final tug of them breaking free.

A few weeks ago, my psych professor gave a rather interesting lecture on dreams, their origins and purposes. People started asking her questions about their own dreams. "I dreamed about bees. What do bees mean? How about when they're chasing you, what does that mean?" I expected her to laugh at the silly requests and move on, but no, Dr. Quack indulged and my Bullshit Meter has been off the charts ever since. (Actually, I'm sure it was the time she managed to equate Oprah with Martin Luther King, Jr. and Gandhi. Good times.)

But now all I can remember is the story she told us of a female student and the dream she interpreted for her. The girl dreamed she'd lost her teeth. Two weeks later she suffered a psychotic break.

I only lost two. That must count for something, though. Right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

weird I had a dream where all my teeth feel out and everyone kept telling me just to glue them back and no one would notice, and I was also an American Idol, weird.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home