Friday, March 31, 2006

"When it comes my time, I'll leave this old world with a satisfied mind."

It always feels like we're being punished when it rains in Los Angeles, as if our city's held on to the sunshine for far too long and now this is what we get for being sun hogs.

Tonight I went out with a small group of friends to a little Mexican restaurant. We all showed up in some form of summery clothing: flip-flips, shorts, skirts. And we all knew that it was going to rain tonight, but we acted as though by ignoring it, the rain would realize we were giving it the silent treatment and would go away. Alas, the rain did not care for our stupidity.

The evening was pleasant and loud, everyone just laughing it up and talking at the same time and still managing to remain coherent. We're amazingly functional alcoholics.

A fun time was had by all, even though some of us won't remember that when we're kissing the toilet bowel tomorrow morning.

I'm going to go to sleep now, but I thought I'd post this YouTube video of Jeff Buckley singing my favorite of his songs, "Satisfied Mind."



Listening to the song always reminds me -- whether I'm sad, happy, or lost -- of the preciousness of life. We don't know how long we'll get to play this game, but while we have the chance, we should squeeze it for all it's worth; to make as many memories as you possibly can, especially with the people that make it worthwhile.

Man, I've managed to pontificate while having beer breath.

I need to go to bed, pronto.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your most memorable moment for me comes when you're still buzzing, awesome. lol. And I agree, the whole entry, I agree.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home