Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I will survive!

It's funny to watch a friend struggle with weights if they're doing a bench press and they think they can do just one more rep, like somehow that one extra rep is going to make all the difference, and then reality sets in as the bar sags, and the rest is history.

Until that person is you. And you spend the next 10 minutes wondering how the hell to get out of the situation because you are stupid and don't have anyone spotting you. Your life flashes before your eyes as the bar gets increasingly heavier and your arms strain to keep the bar from pressing down on your poor, girly man chest.

But I am resourceful and a survivor. Like Cher and cockroaches, who as you all know, are the only ones with a chance to survive a nuclear holocaust.

Except I don't know how I got it off, because I think I passed out for a little bit and woke up in my bed surrounded by Auntie Em, Uncle Henry, Hunk, Hickory, and Zeke. Oh, and Toto, too.

So everything worked out fine in the end.

2 Comments:

Blogger LovelyAnomaly said...

At least you can actually work out with real weights. I'm so weak I use milk gallons filled with water to "work out." Impressive, right?

9:20 PM  
Blogger LovelyAnomaly said...

Why does my guestbook hate you?

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home