Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Look For Me (I'll Be Around)

Things have been a bit tense and confusing as of late -- not knowing if I'll have a roof over my head being the source of all my problems. So I dropped my yoga class, something I'd been completely looking forward to since I enrolled and, which by the way, started this morning. But when you hear of behind-the-scenes talk of being kicked out, taking a yoga class seems frivilous, especially if I need to figure out my financial status in case the axe drops on me, Marie Antoinette style.

Anyway, I'm just taking things are they come, remembering to breathe, waiting by the phone to see if I get a callback from the place I applied at, a place I've always considered a backup plan. It's always good to have a backup plan, I say.

I think I'll be going to the beach tomorrow, work on my suntan (or sunburn, it's all the same), because if I stay home waiting for the phone call any longer, I'll give myself an ulcer.

Wouldn't it be great for me to come home, golden and "sunkissed", and have a message from my potential employers?

Yes, it would. Cross your fingers, please.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and all that jazz!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home