Tuesday, July 25, 2006

To sweat or not to sweat, I really don't have a choice.

I promised myself that once this past college semester ended and I'd no longer have to deal with Finals brutally time-consuming projects, I'd start working out again. And for the most part, I've kept that promise. Which is shocking, actually, considering how susceptible I am to LYING. But for some reason, this time it stuck and I committed myself to cardiovascular workouts and lifting weights, the whole package. (Just between you and me, my man tits look great!)

And then the world got hot and I lost the will to do anything physical, much less workout. Sweating voluntarily, in this heat? You're kidding me, right? I mean, my God, just breathing is causing me to sweat profusely, and it's past 10:00 p.m.! Imagine trying to do a full hour of running or bicycling in the daylight hours, people. Just thinking about doing those activities in THIS type of heat is enough to make my armpits drip. (Although that's probably an unfair thing to say; they were already dripping with sweat. Now they're gushing. Too much information?)

I was doing so freaking well, honestly, I was, and then like I said, the world got hot and in Los Angeles it's 80 degrees before 9:00 am and it only gets hotter as the day progresses. But now I feel bad, like maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of the heat than I should. Like, grow some balls, suck it up and be a man. Ineffective macho shit utterings along those lines.

Then I remember waking up this morning at 7:00 a.m. with pit stains and a sweat moustache, and I forget ever feeling guilty about not working out in this weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home